- Category: Community Resilience Archives
Tipperary Green Business Network morning launch and networking event
Companies in Co. Tipperary involved in the green sector, and who want to network with similar organisations, are encouraged to attend the launch event. The Green Business Network is being established in Co. Tipperary to take advantage of the emerging Green Economy, harness its job creation potential, with the longer term ambition of making Tipperary one of Ireland’s greenest counties.
The event will feature:
- short presentation outlining the proposed structure and role of the Network;
- discussion and selection of a Management Committee;
- Business to Business networking;
- address by guest speaker Michael Kelly (award-winning social entrepreneur and Ashoka Fellow) whose GIY network has over 12,000 members across the country.
Membership of the Network will be free for the first year. It will, initially, focus on the following four key sectors: Buildings & Energy, Tourism, Transport and Food & Agriculture.
A Steering Group, established in mid 2011, has drafted a set of actions for the first 12 months of the Network.
Speaking prior to the Launch Patrick Killeen of NTLP noted: ‘The Green Business Network has emerged out of a series of workshops and meetings in 2011 which saw a need for businesses in the areas of sustainable energy, construction, transport and food to come together. This developed into the concept of a Network which is being launched on the 1st February. The aim of the Network will be to support and develop businesses working in the green economy in the County.”